Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fatshionista Tips For Confidence!

Words of  Kimora Lee Simmons.

Never say never. Banish certain words from the brain: “can’t,” “won’t,” and “don’t.” Any time you think you can’t, you can’t. All of us need to retrain our brains because negative thoughts do become true if we believe them. Believe and know that you are everything you’ll ever want. Whatever you believe and know about yourself is what it’s going to be.”
Fake it ’til you make it. I don’t mean to fake being somebody you’re not or being a phony. I mean tell yourself that you’re great even when some part of you is doubting it. You don’t even have to believe everything’s going to turn out or that you can achieve it all right now-fake that you do, and it will get you moving forward.”
Trust there’s a reason that you are there, not someone else. This is a trick I used any time I got nervous as a model, up there on the catwalk in front of hundreds of people. I figured, “I am up here; you are down there in your seat. If you think you can do it better, you get up here and do it, and I’ll go take your chair. But for now, I’m the one here, so even if I fall flat on my face, it’s still more than what you’re doing in your chair!” I have continued to use that throughout my life, whether I have to give a speech or attend a big red-carpet event.”
Believe other people’s confidence in you, even when you don’t believe it yourself. Sometimes it’s best to go with their words instead of your own thoughts. Reveling in self-pity and doubt will sometimes make you wanna run and hide.”
Choose your company wisely. Confidence is contagious: We can each pick it up by hanging out with people who have a lot of it.  To girls and women of any age, I say put yourself in proximity to successful women who’ve got it together, and it will rub off on you. Whether it’s an internship, mentorship, or befriending the latest fly girl. At the end of the day, we’re all in it together, and we should stick together! So have the confidence to tell another sister, “You are a total goddess,and I want to be like you!” The rule is the more the merrier. It’s not a one-woman show.”

No comments:

Post a Comment